Some Twain quotes:
- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position.
- A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
- The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right.